An introductory course starting in January for learners with little or no experience of childcare, who are thinking of a career in Primary, Secondary or a Special School setting. This L1 qualification is a good introduction to childcare and will give a good grounding for those wishing to undertake the L2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Some of the topics covered include:
• Understanding Play for Early Learning
• Sharing Learning Experiences with Children
• Respecting and Valuing Children
• Supporting Healthy Choices
• Communicating with Children
This is an 22 week course and you will need to attend one 5 hour session per week to achieve the course aims.
The L1 course fee of £120 is payable at enrolment or in 2 instalments of £60 per term, payable before the first day of each term.